Friday, September 22, 2006

I Look Different



My daughter, Heather, has said to me several times over the last few months, "Dad would shit if he saw you now." I didn't understand what she meant. When she was in college and her Daddy and I were still married, we could go to the local Chili's on Friday nights for dinner. We were regulars and the bartenders and servers knew us well. Since the divorce, Heather and I visited Chili's and eventually the conversation gravitated to what different people my ex and I have become. One of the bartenders said that I was completely different. Not only in personality but in the way I look. Come on. Really. I'm the same Mama Vonnie that I've always been. Although my hair is grown long and I color it now and I've lost a few pounds, I'm essentially the same. Then about a week ago I ran across a picture of myself taken a few months before my divorce which was about three years ago. She's right. I look younger. Evidence that when you're happy, the rest just follows!

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Wow.. you look like a new person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home