Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm Going To Try This Again

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. I got involved with the man I referenced in the last post for about six months. It didn't work out. It was too confining. He's a very nice man but he's having some life drama that I couldn't deal with. But the time was well spent because from that relationship I realized that I'm not ready for one.

Then just before that relationship went south, it was announced that the place I was working for nearly 20 years was moving to St. Paul, MN. Being the Warehouse Manager I knew that a great portion of the move would be on my plate. It wasn't an easy six months. My energy level stayed high and I managed multiple crisies very well with only 2 major fetal position breakdowns. My last day was August 11th. By this time I was exhausted mentally and physically. My severance was generous so I was able to relax and not think about it for a month. My month is over and I need to consider looking for employment again. Not fun. Things have changed since I last did a job search. Much of it is done on line now however I understand that most people find jobs through networking.

With the advent of this new life change I need to use this opportunity to rethink a lot of things. My biggest regret in my 53 years is not going to college. Could this be the time to rearrange my lifestyle and go? I could work nights and go to school almost full time during the day. Then there's the million dollar question, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" Auto mechanic? Welder? Stripper? Occupational Therapist? All of them?!? For now I think I'll just go for the standard business degree and see where that takes me.

With that going on I got away from the blogging habit and hope to get back to it regularly. Even if no one reads, it's therapeutic!

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm reading, Momma.

And I'm so glad that you're back.

You're incredible and I know that whatever you choose to do will be amazing.

'Cause you know what? You are amazing.

I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home