Monday, July 18, 2005

Tricycle


A tricycle by definition, has three wheels. Three wheels on a tricycle are necessary. When it comes to relationships, however, being the third wheel typically has a negative connotation. Personally, unless the original couple is uncomfortable, I don't mind being a third wheel. I will have fun where ever and whenever I can. My neighbor Shelly and I have been friends for some months now. She's recently hooked up with this great guy, Tim. Although her attraction to him was pretty strong, she resisted going out with him for various "practical" reasons. It's funny how people get things in their heads and won't let go of them. I guess that's how we protect ourselves from getting hurt. But she relented and went out with him. They are fabulous together! They make one another so happy. Tonight they're celebrating their two month anniversary. When they're not celebrating something, like the anniversary of when they met or when they first had sex, I'm their third wheel. Tim and I are kindred spirits of sorts. We're both a couple of sick puppies. The three of us are good together too. We laugh, drink and break bread together. (I drank all of his McClelland's yesterday. I'm so ashamed.) This summer when it's not raining, which is pretty often since hurricane season began, we go to the pool together. I so enjoy my time spent with them and I know that they enjoy my company too. If I make a joke about being the third wheel, Tim just says no, we're just a tricycle. Who knows, maybe someday I'll meet someone fun and we can become a four wheeler!

10 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I know you, Lady... You're not ashamed...
How about posting a picture of yourself instead of other people, Silly?
I LOVE YOU!!!!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Which picture should I post? I want to figure out how to attach one to my profile!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You have to get your pic on a website somehow and I haven't figured it out.

I think you should post a funny one or one of you and Libby... My favorite one is of Min's with the little Asian baby sleeping on the shelf...

LOVE YOU AGAIN!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Robb said...

I'll host it on my web server and show you how to post it.

Wow...my web server...I really sound like a computer geek!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

YAY! I want to get a picture up but it has to be a little goofy. Robb, thanks for helping me when I find one. Thanks for the support Rach!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

I go out with married friends alot and I am the third wheel, doesn't bother me either!

Your daughter, Heather, made a note on my blog that you and I seemed alot alike so I checked out your site. Good Post! :)

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm telling on you, Robb...

Moooooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robb said that you should wear a football helmet...

Then he said that you knew a story about him and girls and football helmets...

No more Raisin Ranch or dog stealing threats, Buddy. I'll throw you under the bus!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Robb said...

Yvonne,

Don't even go there with the handlebars, football helmets, and stuff. Not on here.

I am breaking your mom out of the raisin ranch one day to go to Vegas and let her gamble your inheritance. It's ok. Let it go!

I also just wanted to borrow your dog. Does that make me deserve to be under the bus?

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Lara said...

My friend Scott is usually the FIFTH wheel. Two couples and him - he's a great friend, but the only one without a significant other. Poor guy. Know any single girls? Hey...YOU'RE a single girl...! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Mysterious Midwest Girl, I mean Anonymous Midwest Girl, I appreciate the thought that I'm a single girl, however, my guess is that I'm waaaay to old for him. But thanks for the thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home